- Community Organization in Cascadura Educates Youth Through Sports
- Health Inequalities and their Political Implications in Rio de Janeiro
- After 7 Years of Struggle, Rio’s Latest Cooperative Public Housing is Nearly Ready
- School of Popular Communication Launches Class on Affirmative Publicity
- A Young Man’s Dreams in Complexo do Alemão
With 500 days to go until the start of the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Games, residents of Vila Autódromo took to the street to protest against the City’s latest decree [...]
On Friday March 20 the city of Rio de Janeiro marked 58 families for eviction from their homes in Vila Autódromo, a community that has been torn apart due to its [...]
For original article in Portuguese click here. This version includes additional information by author. February 22–Approximately 50 families are currently being evicted [...]
Like what you’re seeing on RioOnWatch?
We have just FOUR weeks to guarantee that our timely, reliable, and vital news continues through the 2016 Olympic & Paralympic Games so that Rio’s favelas receive the attention and support they need.
Please take a moment to check out our campaign on Indiegogo and help us reach our goal. If everyone reading this gives just $7, we will reach our goal.
Don’t miss the video.
Powered by WordPress Popup