- Conference in the Port Region Brings Tentative Hope to Rio’s Participation Efforts
- “Everything is Wrong!” Protesters in Complexo do Alemão March Against Escalating Violence
- Elderly Day Care Center Expands into Homes by Offering Home-Based Care Course in City of God
- Favelas and the Olympics – Whose Legacy Is It?
- One Year To Go: Best and Worst Reporting on Favelas and the Olympics
With 500 days to go until the start of the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Games, residents of Vila Autódromo took to the street to protest against the City’s latest decree [...]
On Friday March 20 the city of Rio de Janeiro marked 58 families for eviction from their homes in Vila Autódromo, a community that has been torn apart due to its [...]
For original article in Portuguese click here. This version includes additional information by author. February 22–Approximately 50 families are currently being evicted [...]
Like what you’re seeing on RioOnWatch?
We need your help to guarantee that our timely, reliable, and vital news continues through the 2016 Olympic & Paralympic Games so that Rio’s favelas receive the attention and support they need.
Please take a moment to check out our campaign on Indiegogo and help us reach our goal. If everyone reading this gives just $7, we will reach our goal.
Don’t miss the video.
Powered by WordPress Popup