- Black Justice Collective Panel Discusses Legal System and Race in Brazil
- A Glimpse of Favela Julio Otoni, Guided by Community Leader Sizenaldo Marinho [VIDEO]
- Community Organization in Cascadura Educates Youth Through Sports
- Health Inequalities and their Political Implications in Rio de Janeiro
- After 7 Years of Struggle, Rio’s Latest Cooperative Public Housing is Nearly Ready
Julio Otoni is a favela nestled between the neighborhoods of Laranjeiras and Santa Teresa in the South Zone of Rio. The entire community is located at a single street [...]
For the original in Portuguese by Miriane Peregrino, published in Agência de Notícias das Favelas, click here. And click here for Part I. Vidigal: Which conflicts can [...]
For the original in Portuguese by Miriane Peregrino, published in Agência de Notícias das Favelas, click here. And click here for Part II. Located on oceanfront Avenida [...]
This is the first article in a series by researcher Stephanie Reist,* on Rio’s metropolitan region. It is part 1 of 2 articles introducing the Baixada [...]
On Monday June 8, the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC) hosted a panel to discuss the Role of the State in the Criminalization of Poverty From a Human [...]
Like what you’re seeing on RioOnWatch?
We have just THREE weeks to guarantee that our timely, reliable, and vital news continues through the 2016 Olympic & Paralympic Games so that Rio’s favelas receive the attention and support they need.
Please take a moment to check out our campaign on Indiegogo and help us reach our goal. If everyone reading this gives just $7, we will reach our goal.
Don’t miss the video.
Powered by WordPress Popup