- Conference in the Port Region Brings Tentative Hope to Rio’s Participation Efforts
- “Everything is Wrong!” Protesters in Complexo do Alemão March Against Escalating Violence
- Elderly Day Care Center Expands into Homes by Offering Home-Based Care Course in City of God
- Favelas and the Olympics – Whose Legacy Is It?
- One Year To Go: Best and Worst Reporting on Favelas and the Olympics
Clique aqui para Português On December 16, 2010 Mayor Eduardo Paes signed Decree 33.280 to establish Leopoldina Municipal Urban Park in the Serra da Misericórdia, located [...]
For the original in Portuguese by Zé Luis S. Lima, published in Viva Rocinha, click here. 1971 was a real milestone year in my life. I was eight years old and in the [...]
Clique aqui para Português Julio Otoni is a favela nestled between the neighborhoods of Laranjeiras and Santa Teresa in the South Zone of Rio. The entire community is [...]
For the original in Portuguese by Miriane Peregrino, published in Agência de Notícias das Favelas, click here. And click here for Part I. Vidigal: Which conflicts can [...]
For the original in Portuguese by Miriane Peregrino, published in Agência de Notícias das Favelas, click here. And click here for Part II. Located on oceanfront Avenida [...]
Like what you’re seeing on RioOnWatch?
We need your help to guarantee that our timely, reliable, and vital news continues through the 2016 Olympic & Paralympic Games so that Rio’s favelas receive the attention and support they need.
Please take a moment to check out our campaign on Indiegogo and help us reach our goal. If everyone reading this gives just $7, we will reach our goal.
Don’t miss the video.
Powered by WordPress Popup